Believe it or not, now is the time to sow wildflower seeds in the Southern parts of the country, especially here in Texas. Scatter some seeds now and enjoy those beautiful wildflowers come spring. Olive Barn has a Texas Wildflower Mix tin in two sizes, as well as Bluebonnets Seed Favors.
True wind chimes add both a musical and visual element to your garden. I have never been a fan of wind chimes that sound tinny or make that annoying clanking sound. Cheap imported chimes sound cheap and look dreadful after a year or two in the outdoors. When I came across Music of the Spheres Wind Chimes about 8 years ago at a local nursery, I immediately noticed they sounded different. More like a musical instrument than a wind chime. I was intrigued and bought one.
Warning: Once you buy one, you’ll be hooked for life. These wind chimes were the very first product that Olive Barn ever sold, back in 2001. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of our customers create a little piece of paradise in their own backyards one Wind Chime at a time.
Music of the Spheres Inc. has one of the largest selections of chimes available anywhere. We call them “Professional Grade” chimes. I can think of several reasons why they should be at the top of your shopping list.
1. They are made in the USA – right here in Texas. Buying local is greener than buying a chime that has to be imported half way around the world. It also keep jobs here in the USA.
2. They have the BEST warranty in the business. PERIOD! 7 years on the smaller chimes and 15 years on the bigger ones. They last and that is sustainable. They even offer a service to restring the chimes after the warranty ends.
3. They use minimal packaging. Only the very largest chimes have any stryofoam at all and it is a little as possible needed for safe shipping.
4. They are beautiful to look at and their sound is UNMATCHED. Each piece is hand tuned to precise musical notes, so that your chime plays a song.
Listen to a sample (Tenor Pentatonic):
Keep your garden green. When adding sound to your garden, buy local and buy sustainable. You can hear all of these chimes here.
Listening to the news these days is depressing with the talk of Recession, Depression, Job Losses, Foreclosures and Bankruptcy. It got me to thinking about how psychology effects us. We’re all feeling cautious and scared. But why? Has anything concrete really changed? When you look outside your window, is the world still there? YES. The sun continues to rise and set. The birds, squirrels, bees and insects are going about their lives as if nothing has happened. The truth is…. nothing has really happened. Our mood has changed. Our perceptions have changed. It is just our emotions and our outlook.
So given that – here are five things you can do to feel better TODAY.
1. Turn off the TV and radio for a day. NO NEWS.
2. Exercise. Go out for a walk.
3. Listen to your favorite UPBEAT music. Songs you haven’t heard in a long time. NO sad songs! Better yet, do this with your iPod while walking! My mood changed dramatically after walking the dogs one evening while listening to Barry White on my iPod. You know the songs, “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love Babe” and “Your My First My Last My Everything”. I am sure people thought I looked odd dance-walking in the street. Truth is I felt so much better afterwards.
4. Plant something, a seed, a bulb, a plant, a tree. Just plant something and take care of it.
5. Go out of your way to be kind to someone, to help someone, encourage someone. It will instantly make you both feel better.
So get out there and spread happiness!